Sign in to follow this  

Fork Guards for 46mm RM USD conversion

I recently snagged some NOS 46mm Kayabas from a 2001-03 RM 250 and need to buy the fork guards,guard guides, and Brake line protector.

So naturally I go to the TT store and check out the parts needed and the fork guards for the RM are way high... Each guard is $94 bux each, each guide is like $35 bux. At this rate I will have $300 bux just in guards!

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=88264&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2003&model=2002

So I checked the 2003 YZ 450F parts explosion and the prices are way reasonable on the Yamaha items. I have a 2003 YZ 450F so I am gonna check tomorrow and see if all of the required items from the YZ450 46mm Kayabas will fit the Suzuki 46mm Kayabas.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=44524&manufacturer=6&category=3&year=2003&model=1175

Is there anything that I should know or any reason the Suzuki stuff is so expensive? Is there any more cost effective routes to take to get all of the fork guard components I need from the aftermarket?

Keep in mind I need all of the fork guard components.

Guards, guides, brake line guard, bolts, etc etc....

Happy Holidays and thank you all for the wealth of knowledge I absorb from this place.....:bonk:

why do you want oem gaurds? aftermarket ones are a 1/3 the price.

Most of the aftermarket guards did not include the slider guides.

I did notice that some UFO kits seemed to include the guides for the RM units. I am gonna check the UFO website closer now and hope the TT store can get them for me.

If anybody has a link to a full aftermarket White guard set with guides I would be very thankful.

The UFO Part number is SU03990-041 but I cant seem to get a price or availability from the TT store.

If they're the same as the what the "sm" takes, I have a couple of "new" Acerbis "white" sts available. They don't come with guides though. You don't really need the fork guides.

If they're the same as the what the "sm" takes, I have a couple of "new" Acerbis "white" sts available. They don't come with guides though. You don't really need the fork guides.

I will keep that in mind but I really do want a set complete with guides. I am gonna call Justin at the TT store after they reopen on the 1st and try and make one order to cover all of the pieces I need to complete the front end install.

Thank You for the offer.

Do any of you SM guys have pics of the front brake line routing? The KYB forks have a YZ style routing with the line going down the front of the guard and under the leg to the caliper. I am trying to zero in on a braided line that will work with the OEM master cylinder.

So, I bought the UFO Part number SU03990-041 Fork Guards for my 01-03 RM 250 USD forks and although the guards were proper and correct the guides were incorrect.

The guides are the 99 RM 125 style that clamp above the channeled area of the upper fork leg. These are too small too reach around the larger diameter of the collar where the channel resides on the 01-03 RM250 46mm forks. I called UFO and they dont know what fits either as that is all they list the same part number with them.

I guess I am gonna have to either buy OEM fork guard guides unless any of you fellas know of a suitable model of aftermarket fork guards that include the proper style guide clamps that fit the 46mm KYB forks from 01-03 RM 250 forks.

Edited by Bobbed06