Sign in to follow this  

My 74' tc 185 build

I am an old school triker who has come to the dark side. I am going to be building my first two wheeler.

This is what I am starting with, she is a 74' TC185L

100_3858.jpg

This is my isperation, it was built by one of our own here, Motosprtman. This is a 72 TS250J. And she is a looker.

TS250.jpg

I am not in the greatest of hurries here, but I will have her done by mid summer, at least as a rider. I will be replacing the tank, fenders, and seat first. Then depending on the unknown title issues I will be working on the tach, speedo, and lighting. If all goes well I see her being a good runner for some trail riding. And if I push myself, then she will be my daily rider to/from work.

What should I know about the gas tanks?

Are they the same for all of the TC and TS models from 73'-75' 125, 185, and 250? And what about the GT model? It looks like it would mount up fine, but seems to be a different shape. I am looking at several of these tanks on E-Gay, and they are all looking the same to me. Please enlighten me on this......

I have that tank on my watch list,(It is on its 3rd listing now) but I would want to replace the cap, and not real sure about the inside of this tank either. I like the twist cap on the GT tank, but it looks like a taller tank, and if it is, it wont fit the scheme I am after. I will be buying a tank as soon as the right one jumps out at me. I didn't want to do allot of work to it, and I don't want to spent $100 on it either.

I am also looking at a set of plastic fenders for the bike too, but not sure to go with the yellow plastics with black decals to stick with something more Suzuki-style, or if I should go with a set of Kowi green fenders with green decals. I am leaning towards the yellow, but I would welcome your opinions in this.

I have a TS125 front fender for you. It is the same as the 185. it is orange.

ThanX for the offer Motosprtman, but I have decided to go with the yellow plastics with black decals..

I lost out on a bid for a nice tank the other day, but got another one I am bidding on now. It does not have a gas cap on it though, and a new one is like $122. What other options are out there? Will a 73 ts125 tank fit?