Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki 08 LT Z250 Quad Sport

Recently purchased this quad from a friend with a bogging, popping and idling issue. Figured it was the carb so completely disassembled and cleaned including hidden air fuel mixture screw under brass plug. Also replaced the spark plug and still does the same thing. Checked compression thinking bent valve and it registered 180psi after 3 crank revolutions. Have slide and power valve diaphragms ordered but not convinced this will resolve the issue. Could it be the CDI box? Coil maybe? Is there somewhere I can take the CDI and coil to be tested? My next step is to go over the wiring and grounds to look for shorts or loose grounds. I am 44 yrs old and have been working on bikes since 13. Never been stumped like this. Any ideas? Thanks.:bonk:

well you would know a hell of a lot more than me so i dont think it will be too much help. But when my LTZ400 started having identical problems i fist thought maybe valve clearances. But noticed when it eventually started, and i turned the choke off nothing happened. Took the choke assebely out of the carby (was completely rusted in place). Unfortuntely i ruined the choke assembely in the process so ordered one of these off ebay v

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Z400-LTZ400-KFX400-Z-LTZ-KFX-400-Mikuni-Choke-Kit-NEW-/140553622339?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b9a61343

Lubed the hell out of the choke area and re assembled it. Works great. The choke was corroded 2/3 on so the bike ran like sh!t. started crap, and wouldnt idle unless using throttle. But you prob have already checked all this.