Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Brushy Mountain Open The 4 Day Weekend of New Years

Brushy Mountain will be OPEN this coming weekend Dec. 30, 31 Jan. 1 and

2nd. The current forcast is for Temperatures in the low to high 50s and a 10% chance of rain. We had some rain 1st of this week but by this weekend there will only be puddles. We are grooming Trail # 1 in the C Section. For those of you not familiar with Brushy, that's the first 7+ miles of the main 25 mile loop trail. We hope to see you this weekend.

Happy New Year,

Richard

Haven't had a chance to get up there and ride it yet Ski. Been busy with family and holiday responsibilities. I'm hoping to get up there in the next few weeks if the weather holds.

Anybody ride the new ST section recently added?

I havnt herd of this Richard how about a quick run down

From today's Brushy Mountain email:

"If you were not aware we have added on to Trail # 1 in the A Section and it is ready to ride. The total length of Trail # 1 is now 28 miles."

There was more a few weeks ago, something about needing new tires & being tight & challenging, but I've since deleted it.:bonk:

From today's Brushy Mountain email:

"If you were not aware we have added on to Trail # 1 in the A Section and it is ready to ride. The total length of Trail # 1 is now 28 miles."

There was more a few weeks ago, something about needing new tires & being tight & challenging, but I've since deleted it.:bonk:

Need to check that out:ride:

Who's riding Saturday, & where? Monday is gonna be bone-chillin' COLD!

Myself along with 2 other riders at this time...will ride the Brown frown Saturday:thumbsup:

havnt herd anything, im gonna go their sometime between sat and monday and let you know. I herd conditions are excellent at brushy today, im going either to brown or brushy tomorow,

The new trail mileage added onto Trail # 1 in the A Section is NOT Single Track. It is for both bikes and quads. Where and how it got started that it was single track I have no idea. It is a fun trail that has some tricky and challenging places but it is far from our Black Diamond single track. There are several fairly steep up and downhill sections that may give kids on smaller bikes with their smaller less aggresive knobbys some difficulty getting up and down if it is the least bit wet.

When my knee gets back into good walking shape we will again start laying out some more miles on the Enduro Trail. But until then we will be back in the woods doing some repair work on the existing single track.

man brushy was in excellent shape today, good to see Richard walking around.