Sign in to follow this  

New Electric Motorcycle

The future....

I keep seeing more and more Electric Motorcycle Companies popping up. KTM's new Electric bike comes out next year and ATK is even developing a bike for the Police Departments (more fun than riding a Mtn Bike!). When the prices come down and the battery technology improves their popularity will take off.

40hp, 2-hour run-time and faster than a 250F with more torque.

https://www.faster-faster.com/index.html

Probably easier to make em since you dont need complicated things like an internal combustion engine and all of its complications like tuned air boxes, exhaust, emissions regulations, noise regulations, cooling system, etc.... Probably just source everything except the frame, swing arm, and seat lol.

Best one so far is an 80HP powerplant that gets stuffed into a real CRF250F frame. It's been on TT before. I forget the name of the company, but they're taking deposits now...

JayC

Probably easier to make em since you dont need complicated things like an internal combustion engine and all of its complications like tuned air boxes, exhaust, emissions regulations, noise regulations, cooling system, etc.... Probably just source everything except the frame, swing arm, and seat lol.

Maybe, but they're running $15k+. I really want one, but they're too steep for me at this point.

JayC

Best one so far is an 80HP powerplant that gets stuffed into a real CRF250F frame. It's been on TT before. I forget the name of the company, but they're taking deposits now...

JayC

You need to find the company and post a link.

they all look so god damn ugly...

I think the Zero's are ugly but the one I just posted looks sweet! The new KTM also looks good. If I ever win the lottery I would buy one for sure!

Here's a link the CRF conversion but I cannot find a contact or website.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/02/evdrive-offers-first-batch-of-e-moto-crf250r-bikes-for-13-700/

Maybe, but they're running $15k+. I really want one, but they're too steep for me at this point.

JayC

It's like anything else and as time passes the price will go down. I just purchased a 1080 resolution 60 inch Sharp TV for $800. 5 or 6 years ago the price would have been several thousand.

I would say within 10 years you will be able to buy one of these bikes for around $10k or about the same price as a new CRF. By then the battery technology should be way better.

Not to mention the possibility of more riding areas because they will be silent.

The future....

I keep seeing more and more Electric Motorcycle Companies popping up. KTM's new Electric bike comes out next year and ATK is even developing a bike for the Police Departments (more fun than riding a Mtn Bike!). When the prices come down and the battery technology improves their popularity will take off.

40hp, 2-hour run-time and faster than a 250F with more torque.

https://www.faster-faster.com/index.html

Those CG pics are all nice but I'd like to see an actual bike in action.

As far as a machine goes they are about as interesting as a fishing pole or a bicycle.

That's your opinion but I bet if you had the chance you would throw a leg over one!

My grandchildren will probably make fun of me of me for the riding the motorcycles that made loud noises.

Those CG pics are all nice but I'd like to see an actual bike in action.

They have some videos and I would say in the future KTM and some of the other companies will have demo days.

Bikes are dangerous enough without making them so quiet that no one can hear you coming.I dont like loud bikes,but one that makes almost no noise is just begging for to be pulled out in front of,especially off road.They will have to have a siren on them to warn people of their approach.

When I was little before I bought my new XR75 in 1975 my mom would give me all her Jokers out of her playing card decks. A clothes pin later and my Stingray sounded just like a motorcycle. Maybe thats the answer.

i think it would be hard to get used to riding it because since there's no gears, it will be harder to judge your speed. i can see myself casing and overjumping everything on the track.

How many people here still like making their own decisions on what they want to ride? Gas, two stroke, four stroke? Continue to embrace the electric bikes and the eco freaks will use that as an example of why we do not need to burn fuel.

As far as a machine goes they are about as interesting as a fishing pole or a bicycle.

As long as they are legal where a bicycle is you can grab a fishing rod and do some dual sporting. They open up miles of trails that are closed to us now. The serra clubers are going to have a fit.

How many people here still like making their own decisions on what they want to ride? Gas, two stroke, four stroke? Continue to embrace the electric bikes and the eco freaks will use that as an example of why we do not need to burn fuel.

It has nothing to do with eco freaks it's about "embracing" new technology. If the electric bikes "prove" themselves and are fun and safe to ride they will sell the bikes.

I don't care what kind of motor it has as long and it's dependable, fast and fun to ride.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-x/specs.php

about 60 to 120 minutes of fun... then you need a charge.... starts at $8K

If you read my previous post as time passes the run times will be longer and the prices will come down.

This is very new technology in the motorcycle world but in 10 or 15 years it may be the norm.

I'm still a huge 2-stroke fan I remember swearing I would never ride/race a 4-stroke. Well if you racing the 4-stroke it is more forgiving and more competitive. The same may be said for the electric bikes in the future.