Sign in to follow this  

Need white 2000 or earlier xr100 gas tank

Started my wife on a CR80 last summer. Big mistake. Unless you rode it like you stole it, it didn't really go. She is more of a "tractor down the trail" kind of rider rather than a, "when in doubt gas it out."

So I sold the CR and bought her a 2000 xr100. Best $700 I ever spent. She enjoyed it for the summer and now I'm trying to freshen up the looks a bit.

A crf150 fender bolted right up along with the number plate from a late model crf100. I got a newish white rear fender and bought a white tank of ebay. However, the white tank has pretty dramatic staining. I know I can peel the sticker and spend a few hours sanding and torching to get it like new, but....

Does anyone have a 2000 or older white xr100 gas tank they'd like to sell that is in GOOD shape with no sun damage, etc?

Thanks!!!

That's not sun damage, it's gasoline stains. The fumes leach through the tank and turn it yellow; common with all white tanks. If you absolutely must have a nice looking tank, put a coating inside your existing tank and paint the exterior.