Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Track conditions 12/28/11

Does anyone know what the tracks are like right now? I'm trying to decide whether to take tomorrow off or not to ride. I got a helmet cam for Christmas that I'm itching to take out. The IMI webcams looks white.

I live just west of IMI and all of the fields around home are covered in snow. We still have snow packed on our street and around ten inches of snow in our yard.

I too had hoped that I could ride this weekend but I don't think I will.

:bonk:

Got an email from Aztec today with a picture of the track. Looks good. Same pic is on their website: http://www.aztecraceway.com/az/

I may head out to Watkins on Friday with my son or venture down to Aztec. WAtkins was closed yesterday and today they haven't updated their message. Looking at the traffic cams it still looks pretty white out there but they did get a little less snow out East. If I have time, I'll post an update on Friday.

VDR tomorrow for myself and a buddy. Snow free on the track, some here and there around the remainder of the property. 60*+ tomorrow, gonna be a muddy one :-)

Thanks. I was thinking Aztec. Never been there and they seem to have the least amount. My wife reminded me that she has to pick up her parents from the airport and needs the big car. So now that's out. Maybe I can swing it Friday. Keep it posted. I'm in the Denver area and wouldn't mind meeting some new people to ride with. My son needs a riding buddy as well. He's 6 and on a 50.

VDR tomorrow for myself and a buddy. Snow free on the track, some here and there around the remainder of the property. 60*+ tomorrow, gonna be a muddy one :-)

Good practice for the HS on the 8th... :bonk:

Saturday seems like the only good day this weekend but Aztec is having races. Does anybody know how long the races last and is there open practice afterwards? Getting a new bike and really wanna ride.

Aztec is closed on Friday, yes they open on Saturday for practice after the race, but the race usually runs until 1:30 and track closes at 3.

Will they be open on Sunday?

They will be. Come say hi, I'll be driving a white VW wagon pulling a 3 rail with a KTM #27.

Josh.

They will be. Come say hi, I'll be driving a white VW wagon pulling a 3 rail with a KTM #27.

Josh.

Thanks! I should be there either in a blue dodge or a grey Toyota with two yamahas in the back. And my name is josh also.

I really want to get out and ride but I don't want to deal with the clean up of a muddy day at the track

Rode Watkins today. Probably 6 riders total. Early it was still frozen but around 1:00 it got better. Nothing done to the track but it wasn't muddy except the corner after the two doubles was a little wet.

My son rode his 65 on the Pee Wee and intermediate track. He liked the mud and when it softened a bit.

Should be good tomorrow if it gets a little warmer and the moisture comes up.

Thanks! I should be there either in a blue dodge or a grey Toyota with two yamahas in the back. And my name is josh also.

Hey COKXer, I was the short guy just ahead of y'all in line to sign in that morning. The track was great that day!

I was the slow guy on the Honda, #407