98 cr 125 lowering?

I recently aquired a 98 cr 125. My 11 yr old has basically claimed the bike now but is only 5'1" right now and 90lbs. We mainly ride trails and currently he is on a 95 kx 80. He is a very skilled rider for his age and has been riding since he was 4 or 5. He rides my brother in laws kx 125 and cr 125 regularly and I am not concerned with his abilitly to handle the bike. However he can not reach the ground on the kx at all and can slightly, and I mean slightly on the CR. I dont pick up my CR for another week or 2, as it is a very long ride to get it.I am wondering if there are any lowering links I can get for the suspension now, or if it is possible to make some slightly shorter links myself. I do have access to a machine shop and have the capability to make these if it is something feasable. I also wonder how much this will effect the handling of this bike. I dont know the seat heigth just jet so I dont know exacty how low I will have to go. Any guidance/suggestions will be welcome

I guess that was useless^ all I see are 2000 and up? sorry IDK

LOL, thats all I find also. I guess when I get the bike I will take a long hard look at it and see if I can have my buddy cnc something out. At the rate he is growing it wont be on the bike long, just long enough to get a couple more inches hoepfully