Sign in to follow this  

stock jetting

ok so i just bought my friends bike 04 crf450 and when he bought it the guy had an aftermarket exhaust that was being sold with it but my friend didnt purchase it so i assume the carb is still jetted for that pipe - how do i get the carb back 2 stock jetting cuz it stalls out and i believe that is the main cause for the stalling - please help

It is helpful to tell us what altitude you are running at, but I will assume sea level.

!68 main winter, 165 main summer, 45 pilot jet. How's that for a direct answer?

The stalling is likely to be a dirty carb with a partially plugged pilot jet. It's really tough to clean the pilot, and really cheap and easy to put a new one in and solve the problem.

The fuel screw should start at 2 turns out. That may not be 100% perfect for every condition, and no jetting solution is, but it will run and start well like that.

It is helpful to tell us what altitude you are running at, but I will assume sea level.

!68 main winter, 165 main summer, 45 pilot jet. How's that for a direct answer?

The stalling is likely to be a dirty carb with a partially plugged pilot jet. It's really tough to clean the pilot, and really cheap and easy to put a new one in and solve the problem.

The fuel screw should start at 2 turns out. That may not be 100% perfect for every condition, and no jetting solution is, but it will run and start well like that.

+1 on the above