Sign in to follow this  

extended warranty

I fell into getting an extended warranty back in august when i bought my dirt bike. in total, all the extras (ext warranty, theft & tire replacement) jacked up my otd price to like $4800. (from a $2800 sticker price) at the time i wasnt really concerned being my first bike purchase. But then after I got home i realized it was about the stupidest thing i ever done. so i called the number of the place that does the warranty and they said to call the dealer I bought it from to talk to them about removing it. I didnt call the dealer because i doubted they would do it since its so much trouble. Now 4 mts later I wonder if I can still call to remove it. I barely ride the bike since the fall and winter is here. And the only thing I had go wrong was some oil leaking from the left fork tube around the boot which was probably a blown seal, cause it was alot of oil.. I havent taken it in to get it fixed yet.

Payoff Amount: $4,422.04

Last Updated: 12/28/2011 at 03:06:40 PST

If... they (are willing to) cancel it, it will be prorated and you will take a big hit. The selling dealer makes a massive profit on these 'warranties'. They will not be too keen to refund any of it. If you get anything, it may well only be the prorated value per the company, letting the dealer still make the profit.

However, chances are you will still be better off as often, those 'policys' rarely payout, they always find a reason not to. Live and learn.