What's up with KTM Talk restrictions?

That's wierd that the wouldn't allow someone with a gmail account to get access. Do they also restrict those with hotmail and yahoo mail accounts?

Seems that they could pretty easily weed out the spammers before activating accounts for posting new threads or replies.

That's wierd that the wouldn't allow someone with a gmail account to get access. Do they also restrict those with hotmail and yahoo mail accounts?

Seems that they could pretty easily weed out the spammers before activating accounts for posting new threads or replies.

Its any free email account.

Ktm guys are so used to paying more for stuff they just figure everything should cost money. I'm sure they think it will keep the lowly jap bike guys out too. We aren't "elitist" enough to pay for an email account.

P.S. I will save all you cool aid drinkers some time; Yes, I'm an arrogant prick.(and slightly jealous because Honda is too busy going to baja with Johnny to make a competitive offroad bike)

I used to have an account there but sold some stuff in thier classified section. They then sent me a bill but it was so convoluted to figure out to pay at the time I sent messgs to thier admin telling them I couldnt figure out how to pay...never heard from them. Quit using it for over a year now...then just tried it now and it worked just fine. Go figure.

They claim the "no free email acct" issue is to keep spammers out or at least make it real hard for them..

Joe

It is and it does work.

Like all good things in life, you have to work at it.

Sign up using your "real" email address, then once your account is activated have the moderator change it over to your free throwaway email account. :bonk: