Sign in to follow this  

2011 250 or 300 XC VS 2012 250 OR 300XC SUSPENSION Is the new bike better?

I want to hear from people who have had both or have spent time riding both the 2011 and 2012 250 or 300 XC.

I have a 2011 300 XC and the non link suspension has been awesome! I'm looking to buy a new bike and don't know if I should get the 2012 or find an 11 because I have loved my 11?

Is there a big improvement with the link?

I don't want to spend alot of money to make it work! I only changed the springs on mine and it works great!

Thanks

The simple answer; no.

If you never touch your suspension than the linkage is better untill the bearings get old. If you play with your suspension and get it set up right then the PDS works better.

I have ridden both, I like the PDS much better. That is why I found a 2011 150sx to buy instead of getting the 12 that I was on the list for at my favorite KTM shop.

if ur asking this question, u will never notice the diffrence... not to sound like a ass, but i had the 11250sx, n the 12250sx, n hav had great luck with both... the 11 is easier less maintaince, but both work great!

i have an 09 250xc and a 12 300xc and i must say that the 12 is better in the tech and has better traction but the 09 feels better in the fast straight aways.

apparently once the 2012 gets revalved it will be far more superior then my revalved 09 pds.

tell ya the truth that ever since i got used to the 12 i havent rode the 09 since, actually thinking of selling it to get another 2012 w/linkage.