Sign in to follow this  

crf 2010 final drive

hi guys,

any question,is better use 13-49 and 2th gear in a part of track or 13-52 and 3th gear

the engine response is similar but what is the difference and the best choice?

can someone explain me the difference??

With 13-52 you will get more bottom end and less top. With 13-49 you get more top and less bottom. If its a high speed mx track go with 49. If its supercross stlye and tight go with 52. I would rather me in 3rd then 2nd just because if I down shift a little I may hit neutral. It all just depends on the track and where you like the power.

With 13/52 gearing, the spacing between gears becomes tighter/closer, and you will have to shift more often to keep engine in optimal RPM range. I ran stock gearing for 1 race (13/49) with my bike stock and and it seemed a bit high. Then I ran 13/51 for one race with new exhaust and race fuel and was shifting constantly, and my lap times were slower. I've run 14/51 for the past 2 races and it is much easier to ride, but gearing is now just bit high. Will be running 13/48 next race.

I do agree with statement that it really depends on the track, max speed, and tightness of corners. The higher gearing will allow you to stay in one gear longer, but will most likely slow you down getting out of corners. There is a trade off between amount of shifting and acceleration that also depends on how much you use (abuse) your clutch getting out of corners.