Sign in to follow this  

Who has the cheapest battery?

Hey guys looking to pick up 3 batteries for my 2008 SM 450 R. Seing who has the best price. Probably going to pick up a regular battery. Not enough long term tests/reviews out on the shorai battery for me to confidently fork out the 100+ dollars. Thanks in advance guys!:bonk:

Best price I've found is Rockymountainmc. I have always used Yuasa batteries. Not inexpensive, but lasts a few years and always cranks that motor over.

After being stranded after a couple years on well taken care of YAUSA's, I switched to cheap batteries.

My old ATK, my current TE510 and my Ducati ST2 all have cheap AGM sealed batteries. All have lasted over 5 years with decent use including battery tenders.

Try any local battery store or, better yet, go to ebay.

All you have to match is the physical dimension and capacity. Everything else is BS. Batteries are NOT rocket science! A monkey can make a decent battery!

You do want an AGM (amorphous glass mat) battery for long reliable use though. The key to the AGM is that the glass mat keeps the lead oxides from falling off the plates and falling to the bottom of the battery and finally shorting out one or more cells.:bonk:

the new technology batteries work better, are lighter, and do work w a battery tender. it also gives more room in the air box area, which is a good thing. more room = volume... a win win if you ask me. have it on my 450rr and a street srx-600 :bonk::banana:

AGM stands for Absorbent Glass Mat

Watch buying a battery off Ebay, you don't know how long they have been sitting around.

I run a tender and get 4 years easy out of mine. Over time the batteries loose their capacity just like any rechargable, they may still have 12 volts but loose cold cranking amps.

I would have no reservations running a shorai or some of the other litium-iron batteries. They've come a long way, save high-up weight, and will outperform and outlast a P.O.S. batteries-plus battery.

walmart...

+1

Yep. good ol' walfart. They are good AGM batts made my Johnson Controls and will get you down the road for 4-5 years if you don't run them dead or overcharge them.

The only other battery I would consider is a Shorai or Oddysey. For the money the AGM's are really hard to beat. About $35 for most dirtbikes.