Sign in to follow this  

rfs/exc overflow hose routing

This new-to-me bike had a missing overflow hose, so I bought a length of Tygon, wanting to make sure I'm putting this in the right place. In other words, does it run straight from the radiator cap outlet to the 90deg plastic elbow in the frame? TIA

ktmoverflowhose.jpg

This new-to-me bike had a missing overflow hose, so I bought a length of Tygon, wanting to make sure I'm putting this in the right place. In other words, does it run straight from the radiator cap outlet to the 90deg plastic elbow in the frame? TIA

ktmoverflowhose.jpg

I would run it into an after market catch bottle stashed under the left side plate. Otherwise I would run in directly down onto the header. I want to see steam if I'm losing coolant.

mtz

I would run it into an after market catch bottle stashed under the left side plate. Otherwise I would run in directly down onto the header. I want to see steam if I'm losing coolant.

mtz

Yea looks like that's what that fitting in the frame is for. Coolant is dumped into the frame and there is a hole near the bottom of the frame downtube which drips the coolant onto the header. I guess my original guess was right. Dont see where else it could go.

The radiator overflow tube just runs down the left side of the frame. The 90 deg. fitting on the right side is for your gas tank vent hose. This is how mine came new (03 450exc).

Looks like some posts got deleted, so I'll recap. The fitting on the right side of the frame is for your gas cap. On the underneath side of the neck of the frame (you have to remove the gas tank to see it) there is another 90deg plastic elbow. Dumps into the frame, then onto the header via a hole near the bottom of the frame downtube. At least this looks like how it works on my 05