Sign in to follow this  

JD Tuner question 2011 TE449

Hi guys, anyone else put a JD tuner on their 2011 TE449? I've got the right side shroud removed per the instructions, but am stuck on the next step, locating a mysterious black plug that the tuner is supposed to plug into. I have a white plug, see picture. This white plug was located exactly where the instructions showed the black plug to be. But the connections don't match up. There are a couple of other "black plugs" in the area, but they don't look the same either. Am I missing something or does the JD unit not have the right connection?

I'm gonna button things back up and not install this for now, the last thing I want to do is screw something up on a machine that is running good.

whiteplug.jpg

The plug is right in the middle of the bike. Easier to see from the left side, but easier to access from the right. Push all of the wiring at the back out of the way, look through towards the bottom of the tB. Its under the injector, just above the top of the sub tank.

Thanks for the info. I think I can see it, although it is buried behind a bunch of stuff. I don't see a way of getting to it without some major disassembly, or breaking something. Starting to regret purchasing this tuner, I didn't think it was going to be this much of an aggrevation.

You bike will run much better with it, the aggrevation would be riding one with it and finding out that you have been missing out all along.

Yeah there was 8 million wires blocking the injector plug. Get that tuner on there, big difference!

The plug is right in the middle of the bike. Easier to see from the left side, but easier to access from the right. Push all of the wiring at the back out of the way, look through towards the bottom of the tB. Its under the injector, just above the top of the sub tank.

agree in part........I accessed mine from the left side and installed the plug from this side aswell.

Finally got it, thanks for the guidance guys. Busy dialing it in now, initially the bike runs rough off idle, where it was smooth before.

Edited by AZuwere

How did the tuning go? I'm thinking about one for mine. Off idle tends to stall with the Akro pipe and Race Map II.

Finally got it, thanks for the guidance guys. Busy dialing it in now, initially the bike runs rough off idle, where it was smooth before.

did you find any better settings than the one that came stock on the JD? I guess this depends on weather or not you are running the Akro pipe. I tried going higher than the stock settings that came with the JD but it didn't seem to make any difference, my guess is now the engine is air starved and one would have to open up the airbox a little more. I have searched around but haven't seen any one do this. i might try running around the neighborhood with the bottom of the airbox off before i go modifying anything.