Sign in to follow this  

moose bar ends

need to ask a dumb ??? how do put these on?? the bike is a ktm. the bars are neken . do you have to cut the end off the throttle tube?? got the bar ends on one side the clutch side... how tight should they be?? been looking on the web cannot find any info about it??? thanks fore the help WORM WORM

Yes you have to cut off the end of the throttle tube, and they should be tight enough so they don't move.

Cut as little as you can off the tube, I use an exacto blade, insert into the end of the tube and try to follow as close to the round edge. Then use a dremel with a sanding drum or just a piece of sand paper to smooth everything out. I do it to get barkbusters on but the technique is the same

Don't forget to check that the throttle opens and snaps closed freely after install!

one more ??? do you cut off the end of the grip??? thanks WORM

On the non throttle side you can use the bar, slide grip on, a couple firm hits with a mallet and the grip will be cut through in the perfect size. On the throttle size the hole has to be bigger than the bar.

More or less, again I cut out the end more than cut it off. They sell a specialized grip cutter for this purpose. looks like this...

23 bucks on Pitposse

May find it cheaper in a different brand or site

pitposse_2190_19402599

I already had a gasket cutting set so thats what I use. looks like this

33 bucks on amazon

41IjOHznCBL._AA115_.jpg

You can also use a piece of conduit, find appropriate size, lube up the grip or conduit, insert fully into grip, place conduit end and grip onto something like a 2x4 and give other end a good whack or two with a hammer or mallet...Voila! perfectly cut grip!

Just make sure to clean the lube out of the grips really well before installing.

one more ??? do you cut off the end of the grip??? thanks WORM

use shears to cut it off

use shears to cut it off

My method does not shorten the grip area...I guess if you have small hands it doesn't matter...but I wear 3xl gloves if I can find them, will squeeze into 2xl if I have to. Plus it looks better as the grips retain their original profile/look when you just cut out the ends.