Sign in to follow this  

A DRZ love story, and Cash for your tool bag you took off!!

I'm getting my 08 DRZ ready to sell this spring and I can't find the stock tool bag I took off 4 years ago. :smirk: I'm going for a nice original stock look and would like to find a nice one someone took off early on like I did. I have the plastic tray that goes in the bottom so all I need is the pouch and maybe the rubber strap but that the strap isn't that important. Let me know, Thanks.

I figure I may get the question "why" am I selling, and the answer is I had to buy 2 motorcycles to do what the DRZ does :busted: I ride back and forth between sea level and 14,000 feet every summer and replaced my trusty DRZ with a BMW G650GS and a WR250R Yamaha........... both fuel injected. :banana:

I'm really a little conflicted about the whole deal since the Brand New 2008 DRZ I bought was the first bike with a 21 inch front wheel I had owned for 35 years! I fell immediately in love with the bike, put on 11,000 adventure miles in 7 states, and rode dozens of local day rides with our group Backroads Touring Kansas. I have not had one issue with the bike over the full 4 years.......... not once, but I have towed a couple of other brands that start with K and H when they quit out on the back roads! :awww: Anyway I have mined the knowledge base here at TT too many times to count, and had the time of my life modding the DRZ into an adventure bike and now back to a nice clean well maintained used stocker. Thanks to everyone for their help over the years, Bob :bonk:

Thanks for the link, none of my searches found that one.

If I can't find a stock one for pretty cheap I'll go with the Moose or Wolfman bag. It probably won't make a bit of difference one way or the other on sale day, but I'm just neurotic enough to want to see the bike "exactly" the way it was the day I bought it one last time. :bonk:

Here's what it looked like this spring.

gl2.jpg

gl6.jpg

gl4.jpg

gl3.jpg

what a sweet looking bike

Thanks! Here she is after one of the most fun rides of my life in Colorado.

bestdayever.jpg

if you were close by I'd give you mine . i just bought Drz "new" two weeks ago and have already gathered up a better set that works well . so I've got this stock set of tools and the plastic and bag and really dont know what to do with it .

I'm looking to replace mine as well. It has been faded by the sun over the now 10 years its been on the bike. How did the bag in the above link work out for you? Quality?

This bag is actually for an ATV and is more square in shape. It looked good on the bike, but the plastic tool holder would't fit in it. I guess you could cut it down a little but I just shoved the tools in there and called it good. The way the zipper is might let the rain in too.

leftlookingdown.jpg

Edited by KansasBob

where's the chain guide ? derailing isn't an issue without it ?

kansas bob! what was that ride you took in CO?

I was between Highway 9 and Eleven Mile lake on Black Mountain Road. :banghead:

It's an annual pilgrimage to Bassam Medow for Camping, and Riding with a private group.

Edited by KansasBob

where's the chain guide ? derailing isn't an issue without it ?

I had just rolled the bike out of the shop after a mid winter "refresh" for some glamor shots.

The chain tensioner was on back order, and I never road it without one.