Sign in to follow this  

project white yz

well i traded my 2005 crf250r for a 2007 yz125 a month ago. im gona race it this year in schoolboy 1 and decided it needs some upgrades and i wana go white, red, and black. it was mostly stock when i got it

yz1.jpg

needed chain and sprokets bad! no teeth on front :banana:

so i ordered a full fmf system and renthal chain and sproket kit

yz2.jpg

here she is so far yz3.jpg

went to put the chain on yesterday and cut the links out so it was 112, counted 3 times and now its a link short :bonk::smirk:

nice bike. are you planning on dyeing the blue tank black to go with your color scheme?

just ordered $400 worth of parts that will be here friday along with my custom graphics

heres the proof from my graphics

yz4.jpg

what should i do about the tank? either dye it black or scuff and paint it white with plastic paint

• Like 1

Been thinking about doing something similar with the white/red/black theme with my '01. Adding a larger tank was in the cards so the tank color would be taken care of right there. Looking foward to seeing your finished project. :bonk:

well i bought a cheap 10 dollar chain break and did some enginering to make it a chain break and chain riviter. so the chains on but when i went to put the grips on the throttle tube was black taped and it all cracked so i need a new throttle tube

I had to come in this thread. White/black/red is by far the best combo out there. Good luck finding red stuff for a yamaha though. I was previously blacked out with chrome and red, now I'm mostly white with black and red anodized accessories. This was moments after my rebuild/resto 98 cr250.

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

Black looks evil and sinister, but white is the cleanest.

Guys I would LOVE to find out where to get the dye to do my tank and radiator scoops. The white plastics are so crisp and clean, they make the tank and rad scoops look like crap!

Oh yeah. I got the wiseco pro lite for christmas (well $150 of it) and bought the rest myself as my christmas bonus for being awesome.