Sign in to follow this  

2005 crf250r

hi guys i found a 2005 crf250r for sale the guy wanted 1400 i talked him down to 1200 he raced it 3 seasons and has extra tires plastics,newer topend , shim kit and more i also just emailed him to ask if the valves were ever replaced and just waiting to hear back do you guys think this is a good price hes selling so cheap because hes in the militarythanks

It depends on how many hours are on the bike and often he did maintance on it. Ask him how often he changed the oil and cleaned the air filter. Oil should not be more that 5-10 hours and the air filter should be cleaned every 1-2 rides.

No one can tell you if its a deal or not without seeing the bike in person and riding it. It may be the deal of the century or a POS. Those mid 2000s 250Rs are known for valve failure. If you have the work done, it will cost you a arm and a leg. If you do it yourself you will save alot in labor, but the parts are expensive. While you are doing the valves, you may as well install a new piston. General maintenance on that bike will be expensive down the road. Personally, I would not buy a 250R, but then again, Im not really a fan of 250Fs in general...for good reason.

I would stay far, far away from that bike.

You can thank me later. Too many people have been turned off our wonderful sport due to a blown up four stroke motocross bike that they cant afford to fix. Dont become a statistic !!!!

:bonk: