Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha turns green

Happy Holidays everyone! Just thought I'd share a pic of my boys pw 50. He wanted it to look like dads bike so I got him green plastics for Christmas. In a year or two I hope to move him up to a KX 65.

It is an 81, old school. Here is the before

2jfxpw.jpg

2i6zy2t.jpg

k4cker.jpg

Looks nice. I have a blue PW50 for my grand daughter but she don't care what color it is LOL.

Ed

Thanks ed, I am partial to the yellow and black. Lots of drilling and adjusting to get it to fit. Still have a little more to do, but my son is really excited. I think the poor kid believes it will be faster. I am letting him believe it.:bonk:

I agree blueripps, he's 6. It will be a big year for him. He swears he's going to make all the way around the track, jumps and all!

I agree blueripps, he's 6. It will be a big year for him. He swears he's going to make all the way around the track, jumps and all!

Awesome! He prob soo excited! Make sure you get some pics! :bonk:

Pretty cool. My 6yr old has a ttr90 and me and my 11yrbike old have Kx's he was really wanting green also until I bought the wife a ttr225. Now he is satisfied with matching her.Actually that is my 6yrbike old with his bike in my avatar. And his goal is the same as your some. Make the whole track jumps and all!

Right on Tacpayne. I need to find a few kids for him to ride with. I have a track, anyone around western Michigan?

That is awesome! Kids remember that kind of stuff for life even if only subconsciously sometimes. Even though I'm sure you already were, you are now the greatest daddy ever in his eyes! :bonk:

If you believe your faster, you will be faster. Its all in the attitude! :smirk:

Yep!

how far into Western Michigan are you?

We (me and my 11 year old on KX65) are in Northern Illinois. But we often visit our freinds in Miller Beach (Gary) and that 11 year old has a TT90. If not that much further, next time we are over there(spring), we could come by you guys and your track for a couple laps.

Coo

Sounds great Coohead, we are southwest, probably hour and fifteen from Gary. If you are interested I can send or post some track pics. Its small but fun(that's what she said) sorry, had to do it. It would be perfect on a 65. We ride a 125, and a 250 out there, tight and technical, but a few spots to throttle up a bit. It is always evolving.

Thanks ed, I am partial to the yellow and black. Lots of drilling and adjusting to get it to fit. Still have a little more to do, but my son is really excited. I think the poor kid believes it will be faster. I am letting him believe it.:smirk:

My nephew thinks his pw is faster then my kx500. Because blue is faster and his dads Yz478f is blue

Sounds great Coohead, we are southwest, probably hour and fifteen from Gary. If you are interested I can send or post some track pics. Its small but fun(that's what she said) sorry, had to do it. It would be perfect on a 65. We ride a 125, and a 250 out there, tight and technical, but a few spots to throttle up a bit. It is always evolving.

Wont be long now.....pretty piss poor winter we have had so far (that being said from a father of three boys that has four snowmobiles in the garage).

I have a forestry mower coming in the next week or so to clear some big lanes through our woods. Will have an awesome track around the hosue this spring. I put the invite back to you too....if you are ever close to the Wisco-Illinois boarder, bring the kid's bike with. I will take you up on the offer to ripe around your yard. Might not drag the KX250 down there. But the KX65 fits in the man-van. Will grab the other 11 year old from Miller beach and his TTR110 and come over.

Coo

• Like 1

Wont be long now.....pretty piss poor winter we have had so far (that being said from a father of three boys that has four snowmobiles in the garage).

I have a forestry mower coming in the next week or so to clear some big lanes through our woods. Will have an awesome track around the hosue this spring. I put the invite back to you too....if you are ever close to the Wisco-Illinois boarder, bring the kid's bike with. I will take you up on the offer to ripe around your yard. Might not drag the KX250 down there. But the KX65 fits in the man-van. Will grab the other 11 year old from Miller beach and his TTR110 and come over.

Coo

it's on, we could go about a half hour north and hit mx131, I haven't ridden it yet, but it is 10 or 15 bucks for the day and it looks to be a decent track. we should connect though. Maybe the wife and girls will go shopping in Chicago, and me and my boy will come check it out. I'm riding this weekend, supposed to be 45 on Saturday!!

poldies....send me a pic or two of your backyard track.

I had the forestry mower come through and clear some paths for our track. It is going to be awesome to be able to put the gear on and do laps most any day after work.

I have been scouring youtube and all to see vids/pics of peoples backyard tracks. Have to get some ideas on turn radius and jump height and spacing.

Coo

• Like 1

poldies....send me a pic or two of your backyard track.

I had the forestry mower come through and clear some paths for our track. It is going to be awesome to be able to put the gear on and do laps most any day after work.

I have been scouring youtube and all to see vids/pics of peoples backyard tracks. Have to get some ideas on turn radius and jump height and spacing.

Coo

Sorry it took so longf to get these to you, hope you can see them ok.

20p1wud.jpg

cell phone camera not so good...

t9yyk8.jpg

and one more

2afn5ow.jpg