Sign in to follow this  

2009 KX250F Wheel Bearing help

I'm trying to grease my wheel bearings on my 2009 kx250f. Is there a way to get them out so I can properly grease them. I've tried lightly tapping them with a hammer and a punch but I'm wondering now if I need some sort of press to get them out of there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

you don't grease those.. they are "replaceable" bearings... just buy a new set once you start to get any play in them.. or once every year or so..

Oh I see. Do I need to remove them if there is a certain amount of drag on the wheel? My rear wheel isn't so bad but my front doesn't spin as freely as it used to. Thanks for the feed back.

drag is normal.. you replace them when you feel side to side play or up and down movement.. you check this with the bike on a stand that elevates the wheels off the ground.. you grab the wheel and torque is left to right and up and down.. if the wheel has play then the bearings are shot and need replaced..

It is best to remove the bearings with a blind sided bearing puller.. removing them with a punch can be a PITA and run the risk of damagine the insert or hub.

• Like 1