Sign in to follow this  

can i put 01 rm 250 graphics on a 97 rm 250?

a buddy of mine just got a dirt bike handed down to him and it doesnt have any graphics on it and theres these ones that he wants to put on it but the lowest year they have is a 2001..so can he put them on his 97 rm 250? ive looked up the years and they look similar to each other. thanks

no, in 2001 they changed to a completely different plastic design.... but maybe with some cutting and trimming you may be able to make it work, but is that a risk you wanna take after spending money on a brand new graphics kit?

thanks man and def not the graphics kit he wants to put on it is 150 bucks but whats the newest year that will fit on it?

96-00 are the same model years although they changed the shrouds for 99 & 00. You most likely have the stock shrouds (or that years design) on your 97. Acerbis, UFO, they make replacement plastic for your bike, but they follow the 96-98 shroud design. Do some internet poking around, you *might* find some stickers for your 97 (if it has the 96-98 shroud style on it.) Confused yet?

a buddy of mine just got a dirt bike handed down to him and it doesnt have any graphics on it and theres these ones that he wants to put on it but the lowest year they have is a 2001..so can he put them on his 97 rm 250? ive looked up the years and they look similar to each other. thanks

You say they look similar? Post a photo of the bike so we can help ID the year. The 97 and 01 do not look the same or even close. These Suzuki guys will pick your photo and tell you what you have.