Sign in to follow this  

Fork Oil RM250

Hey guys, I will be replacing the fork seals on my 05' RM250 this week and would like to know what is the proper amount of oil to put in the forks. Unfortunately I don't have the repair manual.

Thanks!

Alright, I don't have bottoming issues and doubt I'll have them anytime soon since I do mostly trails. I will neither be replacing the damper oil this time.

Thanks for the info!:bonk:

If you do trails you could probably cut the oil back to 330ml to start.

Sorry to hijack the thread guys , but i have a question , I too have a 2005 rm250 if i want to check how much oil is in my forks can i take the legs off undo the air bleed screw on the top, turn the forks upside down to drain into a measuring jug ? Then just tip the required amount of oil back in when i'm done ?

you don't measure them

as it takes hours to fully drain them , just dump the oil and replace with a sensible amount , verge on the low side as its easier to add after than remove

you don't measure them

as it takes hours to fully drain them , just dump the oil and replace with a sensible amount , verge on the low side as its easier to add after than remove

Ok thanks do i do drain and replace the oil through the air bleed screwe holes ?

open the leg for drain and replace oil is much easy.for check oil quantity open the leg and reverse oil in a container,must attend one night for completely empty the leg .

So, less oil for trails, might I as well tune the rear shock and give it a little more SAG?

I had quite a large amount of sag before I tuned the shock (don't remember how much exactly) and set the SAG at around 102mm and now the bike has almost no traction on hard terrain even with the clicks all the way off. Might I increase SAG?

I know maybe the spring is the problem since I'm only 140lbs but I don't have money to buy a spring now so I'm looking for an alternative solution.

Thanks!

if you use the same oil and nitro pressure in the shock you can t feel much difference that can give traction problem.100-106 mm sag is done.