Sign in to follow this  

Washington Tasky's metric cycle....So who buys first?

I'd love to test out the first and second one... Mostly the second... Nice, didn't know these bikes were sold retail!!

I'd love to test out the first and second one... Mostly the second... Nice, didn't know these bikes were sold retail!!

I rode the CRF270X version Jeff had, was cool. These are new and somewhat Chinese i think. Interesting.

Maybe I am wrong but it seems more like a novelty. I mean isnt that just more to brake down?

We've sold 2 of the 450's Looking forward to getting them in and taking them for a spin :bonk: Should be getting them within a month.

We've sold 2 of the 450's Looking forward to getting them in and taking them for a spin :bonk: Should be getting them within a month.

Scott.....were they the $7000 ones like taskys, or the much pricier original ones?

Joe

What engine is that?

Looks Honda CRFish?

Exactly. I though about waiting to get one, but ended up buying something else. Jeff said they are like a CRF engine and they had been using them in Australia and seemed to be holding up pretty well. The latest issue of Dirt Rider has a test of the 300 2-stroke; which is the Gas-Gas engine.

Scott.....were they the $7000 ones like taskys, or the much pricier original ones?

Joe

They will be the new $7000 ones:thumbsup:

According to the Dirt Rider magazine..... "Of course, four-stroke lovers can also get a taste of Christini technology through the new AWD 450, which features an engine that is similar in appearance to a 450cc Honda and has an identical bottom end. The Christini 450 does not have a UniCam design, though, so the decompression system is simpler and lighter. Also, the 450 AWD sports a lower compression ratio and slightly less horsepower." (Chris Denison, 2011)

Chris Denison. (2011, February). 2012 christini awd 300. Dirt Rider, 65.

there needs to be a lot more info out there on the 450 especially. I think the engine is a knockoff and I would be interested in where to get replacement parts and how good the motor is before dropping my money on this bike. the GG motored one is a no brainer if that is in fact the wonderful and well tested GG motor.

As for reliability they have been near bullet proof. Jeff thrashed on one for years and it was demoed out like crazy. The bike was thrashed when i rode it and went on for years after, probably still out there. the system works well and does as described. Not sure it is for me but cool and works as advertised. Does take a learning curve to exploit the advantages IMHO.

know it's just a magazine quote, but how much simpler can a decomp system and top end be than the unicam? :bonk:

i'd like to demo one at haybecks hill with 2 paddle tires (do they even make a front paddle tire?)

According to the Dirt Rider magazine..... "Of course, four-stroke lovers can also get a taste of Christini technology through the new AWD 450, which features an engine that is similar in appearance to a 450cc Honda and has an identical bottom end. The Christini 450 does not have a UniCam design, though, so the decompression system is simpler and lighter. Also, the 450 AWD sports a lower compression ratio and slightly less horsepower." (Chris Denison, 2011)

Chris Denison. (2011, February). 2012 christini awd 300. Dirt Rider, 65.

i'd like to demo one at haybecks hill with 2 paddle tires (do they even make a front paddle tire?)

:bonk::smirk:

A few details on the 450 that I am aware of:

The cam/decompression system is more like a KTM unit.

cam chain same as Honda

valve springs same as Honda

valves are steel intake and stainless exhaust

nice coated piston skirts

The motors have been out for a while and are doing fine.

I have beat my 2 Christini's (2005 Honda 270X and 2009 KTM 250 XCW) for years with no issues, looking forward to getting on the new production units.

Later,

Jeff Tasky