Sign in to follow this  

Kx 250f to cr 125

Hi im new to this forum so i hope that im posting right. Right now i have a 07 kx 250f and i really want to switch to a two stroke. The 250f has plenty of power for me but would like to switch to a two stroke version. I have only had the bike for three months and knew i shoulda bought a two stroke in the first place.

I want a honda and was deciding between a cr 125 or cr 250. Which one would be a better fit for me and equivalent to the 250f. Also what years are the best?

Thank You for the help.

125 2t is simliar to 250 4t in power and size. Not sure about any yrs that you should look for just find one in good shape that looks like the owner took care of it.

the 125 would be the equivalent to a 250f although the thumper will have alot more bottom end then the 125, 125's really have to ridden on the top end to get all the power out of them, if a 250f already has plenty of power for you then a 125 should be perfect, much differnet power characteristic though, i would say any 02+ honda 125 would be a good pick in my opinion as 02+ all got the 3rd generation frame

Thanks guys. with basic mods will the 125 be equal in power to the 250f and will it keep up with them? Also is it the same size bike? I just want to make sure that im not getting rid of my bike to downsize to something slower

in theory yes the 125 should be able to keep up to a 250f, but theory gets blown out the window at a moto x track, the 250f's i believe now a days are definitely faster then a 125 and then again most of it comes down to skill level, you never really mentioned what kind of riding you do but i'm going to assume moto, physically the bikes are the same size (but the 125 will be much lighter) and with some mods pipe,reeds, maybe do a little motor work and bump up the compression the 125 might be comparable, its hard to compare 2 completely different types of power though