Sign in to follow this  

What is a 1972 Bultaco Pursang 350 worth??

I'd hate to 'race' something that rare and nice..

is it rare? Don't know to much about it.. any idea on the value?

Looks like a nice bike. Buls aren't rare, they're quite plentiful and that keeps the price reasonable. If it's pretty much a good running stock bike, I'd pay up to $1,500 tops for it, although I'd really have to want it to spend over $1,000. If it's a race prepped ready to go bike with good shocks and other goodies, which it doesn't appear to be, the price could go up to about $2,500 tops, but more in $2,000 range would be reasonable.

Not saying it's really rare like some bikes, just that some Yamaha's,for example,of that era still have parts at the dealers and many NOS (new old stock)parts on flea-bay.Do a search of any vintage bike on flea bay,it'll give you an idea of what it might take to keep it running.

Certain parts of the country didn't get to see to many of these. Cali had plenty in the 70's. By the time the rest of the USA caught on to dirt biking, Bultaco was on the way out. Great looking bike. Go race and have fun.:bonk:

Not saying it's really rare like some bikes, just that some Yamaha's,for example,of that era still have parts at the dealers and many NOS (new old stock)parts on flea-bay.Do a search of any vintage bike on flea bay,it'll give you an idea of what it might take to keep it running.

There is no easier bike to get parts for than a Bultaco. I'd compare availability to a new bike. If you have a frame, you can build a 100% new Bultaco with one phone call to Hugh's Bultaco in New York. Maico, CZ and Husky are similar, Jap bikes are the hardest to find parts for. Regardless of the make though, there are tons of repro parts available, and e-bay is great for used parts. I find most of the charm of old bikes is finding them and the parts :bonk:

and the awful Amal carbs on Bultaco's - or as Super Hunky said in the early 70's "you can get better carburation by using a brick with a hole in it".

I think the most popular and expensive bike for vintage MX is the Honda Elsinore.