Sign in to follow this  

2004 kx250f might buy

hi i found an 04 kx250f for sale for 1200 it comes with the following boyesen water pump, icat ignition,pro taper bars,hot jet kit, new valves, valve guids and seatsdo you guys think that this is good price also i plan on racing the 250f novice class with this

Save your money and get a nice 06 or newer.

The 04-05 models had a lot of issues and design flaws. They can quickly turn into a money pit.

O6 was a total redesign, it was a much better and more dependable bike.

I bought a new 06, it it was a great bike. 07 and 08 were just more improved versions of the 06. As I said, it was a total redesign, frame and motor.

Dependability was much better too. Overall it was just a way better bike.

Look for one that was taken care of and maintained. A worn out 4 stroke can be a money pit.

Remember, you're better off waiting and saving your money for a good one. They're out there if you're patient. Be careful though, new plastic can make a pile of crap look good in the pictures.

Good luck!!

ok thanks im just gonna wait till march when ill have enough money then how much will the go for like 2200 to 3

yeah you will want to stay clear of the 04s.. they were nothing but headaches..

Id say look for an 09 if you can musterd up the money but the 06-08s are great bikes..

04-05 kx250s were steel framed and had old kyb cartridge forks

06-08 got a new aluminum frame and some updated motor work[the motor was still the basic design from 04-05] and cooling system and showa twin chamber forks and showa shock

09-10 got a new frame again still aluminum, a complete redesign of the motor but still retained the showa twin chamber forks and showa shock

11 got EFI but for the most part the motor is the same as the 09-10 but it got new forks Showa SFF seperate fork function one side is the spring the other side is the valving

12 it got a second fuel injector upstream in the airbox..

in march ill have 2800-3000 to spend do you think thats enough for a good condition 2009 250f

possibly.. Just keep an eye out..

you can get a mint 08 for that price...rather have a great shape 06-08 than a clapped out 09!

FWIW I was smoking kids on brand new bikes last weekend on my '07 at an arenacross track