Sign in to follow this  

Best price on 2012 KTM 500 exc?

I am buying this, my first KTM and obviously am surprised at the price tag. I have a depost on one for 8750- out the door. I am wondering if thats a good deal here in the U.S. They seem to be a hot bike and selling fast which leaves dealers trying to stay close to retail. Anyone who bought one already, please let me know if i'm doing ok? Thanks in advance....

Hi Mark,

That sounds like a great price to me given the $9899 sticker. I just sold my 690 and am heading to the dealer tomorrow. I was hoping for around $9000 before taxes and $10,000 out the door. I'm glad I saw this post - I may want to buy from your dealer. Can you give me their info?

TC

The lowest price I found prior was two dealerships willing to do 9300

out the door and 9319 otd with me paying tax when I register. I shopped A little more and got my final price of $8750. It seems like Florida dealerships aren't budging much and I travel between Boston and Florida so I tried several dealerships up the east coast. Both of the best deals were in Massachusetts. I already made my deposit and got a picture of my bike emailed to me and expect the purchase and sales when I get home to Florida. I will email u the copy of the price agreement so u can bargain. I'll check when I get off the plane....mark

I wouldn't try to beat a dealer up too bad, remember he may be your best friend if any warranty issues pop up.

Bokrijder

I think its ok to beat up the local guy a little- if you buy from him- when its bad is when you go 200 miles away to save $500 then ask the local guy for help with a warranty. Last time ktm came out with a new motor they had a few issues.

If your local dears is a good guy, give him last look at price.

The lowest price I found prior was two dealerships willing to do 9300

out the door and 9319 otd with me paying tax when I register. I shopped A little more and got my final price of $8750. It seems like Florida dealerships aren't budging much and I travel between Boston and Florida so I tried several dealerships up the east coast. Both of the best deals were in Massachusetts. I already made my deposit and got a picture of my bike emailed to me and expect the purchase and sales when I get home to Florida. I will email u the copy of the price agreement so u can bargain. I'll check when I get off the plane....mark

That is a great deal, most dealers I found would not go below 9299 - only found one that would do 9,200 flat in my area. Of course it does not include state tax, registration, etc so out the door a little over 10K is average around here.

That price does not include tax....also i am from Mass. So it will be registered there most likely. The tax and reg fees will be paid when i register it. If i get it paid off quickly i may truck it to florida in feb to get some riding in. Taxes arent much different between states so it all depends on how long i stay here in Fla. Where I register it....its confirmed, i have the bill of sale and copy of title! $8750- includes freight and setup.... I cant wait. Let me know how u make out and how u like the bike.

Nice. I'm actually considering the 350 and am getting a quote from a local dealer now. I'm a little concerned about the power but since I'm only 160lbs I think it may be ok. I rented a CRF450X once and really loved it - I hated the CRF250 - way underpowered for me.

The 250s have some power - but only up in revs. If you keep them screaming, they are OK. I like the big bores better - sounds like you do to, power on demand; no revs required. From relaxed to insane in a split second!

I originally went looking for the 350 - after awhile looking at the weight, and hp differences, I switched to the 500. It may not be enough weight loss to make up for the fun (power) loss. I own an 07 450x and love it. Next year - I want a KTM 200 smoker -

I think (and hope) in a few years - smokers will re-emerge as fuel injected, non smoking, 2-strokes.

Roy

If the local KTM dealer can come within $100-$300 of your best price, IMO I would buy your bike from the local dealer. The local dealer should give you a discount on any accessories you buy and should take care of you if you have any problems with your new KTM.

My local KTM dealer rejetted (on his own) my new KTM because he knew the bike came lean from the factory and knew I wouldn't be happy with the stock jetting. I only had to pay for the parts.

I agree with the difference between the 250 and 450 being too huge to compare. The dealer closest to me called when the 500 got there and when i drove to see it a week or 2 later, they had sold three of the 500's and only had 2 350's left. My main reason for locating the 500 is because there is only a 2 or 300$ price difference between the two. If it were a thousand or so, i may have grabbed the 350 but after much reading im glad i found a 500. Ive owned a yzf 426 when they came out and rode the honda and kawi 450 through the years and always loved the power. Now with the street and the trans america trail a dream, i feel i had to stay with the big bore....i think both bikes are awesome and what many riders always wanted in a dual sport for motocross and mostly dirt riders.

Wow that's a great price my local dealer here Redondo Beach California wanted $10,666 out the door.:bonk: I found a dealer in Arizona that will sell me one for $9000 out the door but I have to pay tax and registration and that's for 350 E XC please if you can post sales order so maybe I can shop around with that price . That would great:thumbsup:

Shoot me an email...i only have a ipad so cant scan my bill of sale but i will forward u the email....mada90019@gmail.com

Well is there any new 500 exc owners out there?? Still looking for the best price for I know im not getting screwed over from the dealership when i get mine.

My local guy was at $9k. I even got a t-shirt for that price. :thumbsup:

Wow... Was that otd including everything?? Edited by hyperliteric16

Wow... Was that otd including everything??

No, the bike was $8900 and I had to go register, pay sales and property tax in my county, but I got a free t-shirt. :thumbsup: