Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Reading Anthracite Co.

I am seriously considering purchasing a permit for RAC, but I would like to knowif any of you guys could give me you opinion about which RAC areas are the best to ride with a dirt bike. I live in NJ and Lost Trails is nice, but I am looking for something with more open space. Thanks

Can't say I've been to any other part of RAC's property, but if you check out Trevorton, you won't be disappointed. There's anything from single track, to 5th gear pinned trails, to hillclimbs galore. You can ride all weekend there and never hit the same trail. If you want coordinates of a good place to park, PM me.

Thanks for the input, and yes i would like the GPS coordinants. Iwas wondreing if you could tell me the type of dirt at Treverton. Is it subsoil or is it made up of coal or shale trailings. Is it black dust or brown dust?

Thanks for the input, and yes i would like the GPS coordinants. Iwas wondreing if you could tell me the type of dirt at Treverton. Is it subsoil or is it made up of coal or shale trailings. Is it black dust or brown dust?

Its the coal region... rock, shale and black dust.

I've bought a permit the last two years. Definetly worth the $125 bucks. IMO Trevorton and St Claire are the best. Shamokin is just east of Trevorton, we found the southern trail that the connects the two areas... Hell of a ride:thumbsup:

I don't know much about dirt but its typical coal region (mostly black).

We park here:

40.763005,-76.674566

Me and a buddy are going Sunday. Feels like its been forever!

Hey N8 thanks for the info. I hope to get there before spring but will have to see what the weather brings.

No problem. Ya missed a beauty yesterday.

Does anyone have a link or have a map of the area. I tried using parcel locator with no luck. I'm planning on picking up a permit this year. If anyone has a map with some trails of the st clair area that would be great.

For the parents of kids under the age of 16 who ride Reading Anthracite and need a training certificate. I have Motorcycle Safety Foundation DirtBike and DCNR ATV Youth Safety classes in March and April. They are 5 hour classes that cover all types of riding and are required for kids to ride Reading Anthracite. The March DirtBike class already has 3 students with the limit of 8. All 3 kids are riders and need the certificate for this purpose so this is not a class for beginners. The type of class in April will depend on the 1st student that enrolls. For information call me @ 717-532-6439 and sign up.

Saw some riding videos of RAC on youtube. Place looks pretty cool. Almost regret selling my dirt bike. Also saw videos of the Hatfield McCoy trail system and that place looks awesome. Too bad West Virginia is a 5+ hour drive.