Sign in to follow this  

Buzzing 450 X

Howdy, Been doing a bit of searching but cant find anything.

My prob, The 2006 CRF 450 X that I have just bought cheap had a few probs (starter didn't work, didn't start well) but new inlet valves and new brushes and a charge of the battery and she was all good.

Now I have taken the plastics off to try and get brake, tail and number plate light working for rec reg (in Aus) and starter stops working again, and a buzzing coming from fuse/relay directly behind the battery. It did start doing this when I first got the bike but it stopped when I took it for a ride.

On the dash a red light comes on (after kickstarting it) and for tail light to work at all the bike needs a few revs, but the speedo doesn't come on.

Anyone come across this before or know of what the fuse/relay thingy is behind the battery?

Cheers in advance,

Noods

Myself, I'd first have the battery load tested on a battery load tester made for motorcycle-sized batteries.

In this country (USA), Honda motorcycle dealers are supposed to have one in their Service Dept.

The likely reason you haven't heard from anyone on this thread yet is because the CRF-450X is not sold as street-legal in the USA, and doesn't come with an electronic speedo or any other electrical street-legal equipment on it.

Just to finish this off, my problem was a blown fuse! somethiing simple, but easy to miss since my last bike didn't have fuses!