Sign in to follow this  

02 CR250R ported eric gorr

hi there i wanna see if i can juice my bike up a little more. it already feels great power wise. does anyone know if send my cylinder to forward motion to be ported and serviced would be a good idea for me. will i notice much difference. and does anyone know what this might cost for a port job thanks cheers!

if you go big bore then you're stuck buying higher priced pistons.

Thats what I always thought too. But I have had 3 big bore kits and every time the cost of piston and rings is cheaper or the same as stock. You just have to watch who you buy from, some folks will throw you under the bus. May just have been lucky though.

I can not say how much the port and polishing really helped on my YZ because, I also had it bored at the same time. When I was talking to him he also told me they were testing a CR 300 and should have it available sometime in the first of the year. Just a thought:smirk: I love my 300, and Eric was awesome to work with.

Second that on dealing with Gorr. I prepaid a couple for service on a couple of CR500 motors, and he sent a refund. Nowadays I think most places would've made up up some phantom services and kept the extra loot.

Yeah I almost forgot to mention, I called Eric because my reed cage was extended into the cylinder, thats when I found out my bike was supposed to have "torque plate( I think its called)" when I bought it, but the person before me threw it away. Eric said he had one he could send me, I told him not to worry about I would make one for it. A couple days later I had a package with a torque plate and a top end gasket set. Really a cool guy to work with.

if you go big bore then you're stuck buying higher priced pistons.

Eric's big-bore piston kits are $160, less than $40 more than a std bore Wiseco piston kit. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.