Sign in to follow this  

03 WR 1 1/8 Bar Mounts

Ok so I want to get my 1 1/8 Bars my wife bought me for chirstmas on my 03 WR250.

I saw the Pro Taper universal bar mounts, but that adds height and i am not sure if I wanted that. What route of changing the upper triple clamp can I go? Or who makes a Triple Clamp that can mount 1 1/8 Bars that doesn't cost a fortune!?

I saw the Pro taper Rubber mount Triple, but I cannot figure out if one for a 03 or 04 YZ will fit my WR.

Thanks!

Ok so I want to get my 1 1/8 Bars my wife bought me for chirstmas on my 03 WR250.

I saw the Pro Taper universal bar mounts, but that adds height and i am not sure if I wanted that. What route of changing the upper triple clamp can I go? Or who makes a Triple Clamp that can mount 1 1/8 Bars that doesn't cost a fortune!?

I saw the Pro taper Rubber mount Triple, but I cannot figure out if one for a 03 or 04 YZ will fit my WR.

Thanks![/QUOT

Your '03 WR has 46mm forks, so the only YZ t-clamps that are for the '03 YZ's. "04 YZ's went to a 48mm fork and will not work on your bike unless you upgrade your fork to 48's

You should be able to use any t-clapms for '98-'03 YZ's or WR's. 400/426/450 clamps will work too but the stem is a little longer and you'll have to work around that.

Thanks for the reply...Awesome so I will try and find a set for a 98-03 yz...

Are Tag Clamps any good? What about Applied? I have seen some of these for sale.

Thanks for the reply...Awesome so I will try and find a set for a 98-03 yz...

Are Tag Clamps any good? What about Applied? I have seen some of these for sale.

The TAG clamps are very nice. I have a set I bought for my '99 WR400 and swapped them to my'03 WR450 whenI bought it. They'e collecing dust now because I put a set of '06 YZ froks/t-clamps on it.

The TAG clamps are very nice. I have a set I bought for my '99 WR400 and swapped them to my'03 WR450 whenI bought it. They'e collecing dust now because I put a set of '06 YZ froks/t-clamps on it.

Willing to part with them fairly cheap? :bonk:

You said the stem is longer, what if i just used the stem that already have on the bike and didn't use the longer stem, just the top clamp? wouldn't that work?

Willing to part with them fairly cheap? :bonk:

You said the stem is longer, what if i just used the stem that already have on the bike and didn't use the longer stem, just the top clamp? wouldn't that work?

Don't know if the TAG stem will swap with the YZ/WR stem. I think I might hold on to them. I have a DRZ400 project coming up and I might use the '03WR front end on it.

Do some shopping. You should be able to find something used for pretty cheap.

I have been looking...

I just want to clarify....If I were to just find a Tag or Applied Top Clamp for an 03 YZ, I could just use this to mount my bars then. I think you thought I was going to use the Tag Lower too and swap the stems out. I don't want to do that...Just use the Top Clamp, thats all.

I have been looking...

I just want to clarify....If I were to just find a Tag or Applied Top Clamp for an 03 YZ, I could just use this to mount my bars then.

Gotcha. Yes, just the top clamp is all you need. The top clamp I have is a Scotts, for mounting a damper.