Sign in to follow this  

is ssw/epics price really that good...or are all my local stealerships asking gold

Or was I given a wrong price lol. Na jk, but I called and they said 150 labor to install Hotcams stage 1 and install 440 bb on my sm. Awesome price with shipping both ways it'll be 300 total. Now for curiousity I called about 5 local stealerships...315 plus parts...405, 500, 500, 400....now my question is, are my dealerships out of their minds or what...

Most dealerships are out of their mind. I find it much cheaper and morally/heartfelt/consciously better to support a local shop.

Or was I given a wrong price lol. Na jk, but I called and they said 150 labor to install Hotcams stage 1 and install 440 bb on my sm. Awesome price with shipping both ways it'll be 300 total. Now for curiousity I called about 5 local stealerships...315 plus parts...405, 500, 500, 400....now my question is, are my dealerships out of their minds or what...

The dealerships are quoting a price they believe the market will bare... A price they can live with and pay bills, and has some profitable margin.

You the consumer get to decide if the service provided is worth the price asked.. Then vote with your $$$.

BB and cams (cams should be no additional charge along with the BB unless they are not pre degree'd, which the HC are) would be in the 5~6 hour labor range, Id guess rolling a complete bike in the shop.

Gotcha eddie, well that makes sense now, should of figured you do more than just about any shop...when I get paid you'll be getting a cooler from me most likely :bonk:

Send it to Eddie. Think of all the motor work he has done for TT members, do a search and try finding a negative experience.