Sign in to follow this  

clutch cable stay

has anyone had the clutch cable stay that is molded into the case break? my bike came with it broken. what has someone done to repair it. i completely ground it off the case. it serves no purpose for me.

Never broke one either but my RM is broken. there's something similar on it. Yours looks real nice, if it was billet, I might grind the one off my case just to have it.

i wish it was billet. if the bridgeport didnt get sold like i didnt want it to, i would have made one out of billet

Never broke one either but my RM is broken. there's something similar on it. Yours looks real nice, if it was billet, I might grind the one off my case just to have it.

ive never broken one either. never seen them broken till i picked up my bike. my buddy says he has seen them broke before. all i can think is the boot catches the cable or maybe a rock or stick, not sure. either way i needed to do something cause i didnt want to buy new cases. i got the idea from a honda. i guess hondas ARE good for something..:bonk:

this is why it serves no purpose to me. i made my own cable stay.

310574_1906144495053_1285018525_31682613_6537553_n1.jpg

and all painted up.

308953_1909766385598_1285018525_31686110_8349863_n1.jpg

Nice one, i was just mulling over the same problem!

i moved the cable forward slightly and also changed the angle. it actually seems to pull easier at the lever. but that maybe mental trickery.

here is what i did today, i ground off the original cable stay, blended as best i could and i media blasted the entire case. both halves. glad i did. after i blasted the stater area, the corrosion has pitted the case pretty good. glad i stopped it now before it ate threw the case.

DSC00731.jpg