Sign in to follow this  

New owner of XR 600 R Mod tips

Hey,

I've recently been given a Honda XR 600 R 1997 and i absolutely love it.

I haven't owned a bike before but I'm loving making slight mods and cleaning it all up. I've got a few questions for you guys so i can get into the more advanced stuff. (well slightly more advanced :bonk:

How difficult is it to connect indicators, as I'm quite new to riding I'm not really overly keen on giving hand signals all the time, can you wire them into the current electrics or do you have to re wire the whole bike, also does anyone know of any indicators that look good on the 600?

I've heard that you can also get a special paint for the exhaust, the pipes going into the engine are pretty rusted up, but no holes.

Also are there any good upgrades available?

Cheers in advance

hi,indicators should be doable on your xr but i think you would need a upgraded stator for more power.not sure about exhaust paint for your headers as they get very hot but someone started a post on honda trail bike forum about rebuilding his xr and he did a very smart job of polishing his headers

Whats a stator?

Wow those pipes look pretty good, unfortunately mine are far past that point.

Whats a stator?

It's the part of your bike's alternator that doesn't move. Stator....stationary. It is largely responsible for the wattage capacity of the charging system.

Before you ask any more questions, please refer to the FAQ thread at the top of this forum followed by usage of the forum search engine.