Sign in to follow this  

08 300 vs 09 300

I apologize in advance if this has been covered. Did a search and didn't find anything.

Quick question:

Looking at a used 300. Is the 09 300 worth $500-$800 more than an "in same condition" 08.

Sounds like the suspension was better, just not sure it's worth spending the extra cash.

thanks

Suspension was a huge improvement over the 08, but.....for the $800 difference, you could do a complete suspension overhaul on the 08 and have it better then the 09!

In my eyes, it's not worth it.

Well what Pumpkin450 said has some merit however, if you were to spend the extra $800 in suspension work on the '08 it would not add to the value. The '09 however is going to hold it's value longer as it was a little better bike than the '08.

If you plan on keeping the bike for several years then it won't matter and I'd get the '08 and have the suspension setup for yourself.

If we're talking XC's here, the 08 doesnt have estart, In 09 all 250-300's have estart. If we're talking XC-W's then they both have estart.

If we're talking XC's here, the 08 doesnt have estart, In 09 all 250-300's have estart. If we're talking XC-W's then they both have estart.

Ya, I'm aware of that. Like to have it, but not a deal breaker.

Looking at an 08 right now that is in great shape with a bunch of goodies on it(he used it for the NW enduro series) that's running in the 4K range. So, trying to decide. Looking around it seems like the prices are higher up here than they are around the rest of the country, especially south.

300s fetch more $$ in mountainous areas than the flats. I guess cuz they kill it on steep singletrack but in MX/desert land there's plenty of other good options.

Just picked up an 08 300 with a bunch of goodies and trail tech suspension for my weight. We'll see if the suspension fits my style. Rode it briefly today. Very impressed. I think I'm gonna like it. So different than my SX. I'll post pics later.:bonk:

IMAG0357.jpg

Hey congrats man, glad you got a 300, may I asked what you paid?

Did you get the extra power valve springs too?

Ya, I pretty much got that and the rest of his garage :bonk:. The bikes got the trail tricks susp job, clear clockwork tank, new bars, grips, fmf fatty, gutz seat, new chain, new plastics and graphics, jd jetting kit, new michelin s12 on back and m12 front.

Then he throws in another set of Acerbis plastics, 2 sparky's and a stock muffler, barkbusters, scott's damper mount, like 5 or 6 extra filters, some oil, supposed to get two sets of wheel bearings, but I think i forgot them, extra jets with all of his notes on his jetting and the KTM briefcase. He basically cleared his garage of stuff for this bike.

Pretty happy with the deal, especially after riding it. Had to go to 4k, but that's not horrible for up here, especially with the extras.

Can't wait for a good long ride soon.

Picture below is after I ran it around the property a bit, so it's a little dirty.

IMAG0357.jpg

Edited by Dirtdog08