Sign in to follow this  

California Have any of you seen this yet?

Pretty sweet . . . wonder if they'll bring them out here and I wonder how that would work . . . could you ride that on mtn bike trails, get a plate for it, etc?

I would sure like to try one out, they look extreamly light weight, and would be interested

in all the specs, charge life, HP compared to other models etc..if and when available in

this end of the world

I''m just glad you can still do donuts and create dust with em!!! :banana::bonk:

Schmo - sure you can ride em on mtn bike trails - ILLEGALLY. heh :smirk: It's still a "motor" cycle. But I'd say your chance of getting caught goes down exponentially with a quiet motor.

All that said, they are pretty cool. Love to try one myself, but it looked like he had to try pretty hard to get the front end up. I'll wait until they have 30+ HP at the rear wheel for 5+ hours - THEN they will take over the world. :busted:

"no motorized vehicles":banghead:

I wonder how CARB is going to get their angle on these to give them a red sticker?

Makes no sense why we can't just ride everywhere bicycles go. I hate me.

But if we aren't spewing sound and air polutants out our tailpipes what will the whiney bitches of the world have to hate us for? I guess we can still run over a tortoise here and there, but even driving birds away from their nests with one of these would be difficult. I'm sure they'll figure out something . . . maybe we'll have to run over a few hikers on the PCT to keep up our image.

After watching the video and day dreaming I have come to peace with myself and realize that I want one. The bike looks very capable. We could possibly be on the verge of a whole new era of dirt bikes, like the 4 strokers in '98. I wonder if they will or can make 2 classes like the 125 2T and 250 2T or 250 4T and 450 4T from a HP standpoint. This bike could possibly bring world peace:lol:

After watching the video and day dreaming I have come to peace with myself and realize that I want one. The bike looks very capable. We could possibly be on the verge of a whole new era of dirt bikes, like the 4 strokers in '98. I wonder if they will or can make 2 classes like the 125 2T and 250 2T or 250 4T and 450 4T from a HP standpoint. This bike could possibly bring world peace:lol:

puff puff give

New video... new colors... if it's the same as before it will be around $10k and battery will last about the length of one moto... but you can swap out batteries in couple minutes and be riding again. Motor does not need to rest between batteries. No idea how much a spare battery will cost... or how fast they recharge. They are also supposed to market a street legal street moto version targeted at the urban green transportation crowd.

I will need D-Cells in mine though. fatboy.gif

I didn't realize they had come so far with those electric bikes, it will be really interesting when they can start matching the power of the gas bikes; it looks like they may be a ways off though.

Im building a secret one here deep in the desert hanger here that runs on plutonium, Totally nuclear dude. Once i solve this slight cooling issue, Im sure the enviros will love this one, It will cut through rocks like butter :bonk:

KTM hasn't released a range estimate, the company says it should be good for "20 minutes professional, 45 minutes amateur" of fun riding before it needs to be plugged in for a 90 minute full charge.

KTM hasn't released a range estimate, the company says it should be good for "20 minutes professional, 45 minutes amateur" of fun riding before it needs to be plugged in for a 90 minute full charge.

10K for a bike you can ride for 30-40 minutes at at time . . . maybe for the track guys, but pretty worthless for the trail if that's the case.

They're claiming 1.5 hrs if you cruise and check out the deer. Maybe you can strap an extra 55 lbs of battery to your back to make the loop. :lol:Overall the bike would probably be a blast to ride and cudos to KTM for the R&D. The future may be an e bike or could be other technology but will change. Here's a good article on it. http://www.cyclenews.com/mobile/2012-ktm-freeride-e-electric-bike

98kg = 216 lbs, Looked a bit lighter than that, I think Ill stick with my $1600 KTM200 2 smoke until I hit the lotto

Those things are sweet......and I bet 5-10 years from now there will be an electric bike that will be able to climb anything at Jawbone. Its gonna be a tough sell for me to ever get rid of my gas guzzling, fire-breathing 450X though.

In the mean time, who here is down to invest in a company to install charging stations every 10 square miles in the dezert......we'll make a fortune! Send your checks to SoCalMattCorp.com! :bonk:

I think if they made a 70kg trials bike that would run for an hour and didn't cost a fortune, they'd sell a ton of them. Perfect for fooling around in your neighbors, I mean your own back yard. heh :bonk:

I can see these things working their way on the mountain bike trails. Quiet, no pedaling, and lots of possibilities. Hmmm, kind of an interesting way to go.