Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha wrf/yzf frame

Hello everyone

I would ask you if anyone know if the frame of the yz 250 f 2007 is the same as the wr 450 f. In other words, I have the 250f and i would like to fit the engine in the wr 450 frame. I want to do this becouse I need a road legal bike for enduro and I have found this cheap oportunity.

thanks a lot.

the reference in this web page seems to be the same? I think that if it is the same as the yzf 450.... it is not important if there is any difference between the enduro model....

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2008/YZ%20250F%20-%20YZ450FXL/FRAME/parts.html

This Yamaha 2S2-21101-B0-00 FRONT FRAME COMP. is also used on these models and components:

2008 YZ 250F - YZ450FXL FRAME

2008 YZ 250F - YZ450FXW FRAME

2008 YZ450F - YZ450FX FRAME

I am almost certain that the 450 frame is wider. Just measure the outside deminesions of the bottom frame rails. That being said the 250 should fit in the 450 frame with some fabrication. See if they booth use the same diameter swingarm pivot bolt.

The frames look the same from across the street, but forget about the engine from one going into the other without some work.

I highly doubt the crankcases for the WR-450F are the same shape and use the same mounting points as a YZ-250F.

The YZ-250FX and YZ-450FX frames are different, too.

No. They are completely different. Some things will fit; swingarm, shock and linkage assembly, but everything else is all wrong.

Any engine can fit into any frame, it all depends on money, fabrication skills and fabrication tools. You can fit a small block Chevy in a YZ frame with enough of the three items.

Any engine can fit into any frame, it all depends on money, fabrication skills and fabrication tools. You can fit a small block Chevy in a YZ frame with enough of the three items.

What about Liquid Nails and a plasma cutter?

With the swingarms being the same than more than likely the 250 motor will mount up to the swingarm piviot. The rest is fabricating the rest of the engine mounts and head stays, but it still remains if the new bike will be a decent ride with the engine mass moved rearward in the frame.

What about Liquid Nails and a plasma cutter?

Oh definately yes!!! If you have those two things lone you not need my three things at all!!!!