Sign in to follow this  

Most robust reliable throttle?

i just broke my arm last week while riding my 99 yz125 at a indoor track in Wi, ive never had a throttle stick on me in 35 yrs of ridng mx. As i hit a jump face my dang throttle stuck wide open an launched me to the moon and i came down on my wrist and broke my left radius. i never had problems with my yz and now i want to buy a solid throttle and cable for piece of mind as its really freaked me out. any suggestions?

stock unit is pretty reliable... could of been a number of factors to cause the sticking. Motion Pro Vortex is an option however... get well soon.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Yamaha had a recall on the throttle back around...oh, 99 or so. The upper wheel is slightly too small. The cable can jump out of the track and stick.

A new wheel will prevent this from happening. If you take your vin, cable, and wheel to your local Yamaha shop, they'll probably give you the parts. They did give me my parts when I had my 97. Heres a thread from way back when...http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-13775.html

With the new parts, there really are not any issues with my throttle and I think the design is as good as anything else.