Sign in to follow this  

2007 yz250

I recently let ethanol gas sit in the bike for some time. Needless to say when i went to start it to get it ready to ride again, it wouldn't start. I took the carb and cleaned it good (the right way, no tip cleaners through the jets or anything). I got it back together and it ran good. It wouldn't open up all the way due to being too rich. I figured at this point my float height is off so I took it back apart....set the float height to spec in my manual, put it back together and tried again. Opens up, runs great, fast and powerful as ever until you take a sharp right turn and really lean the bike then it goes way rich again...almost to the point of choking out. It doesn't do this when turning left. I made sure the carb was level and even turned it back and forth testing it to see if I could find a happy spot but no difference. So when I turn right and really lean it over it goes way fat.....!!! Any suggestions...greatly appreciated.

this thing has a keihin pwk 38s. when i cleaned it, i took it completely apart including the jet block. removed all the seals and soaked it in carb cleaner for a few hrs. used carb spray and compressed air through all the orifices to make sure it was clean, put it back together and going rich on a hard right turn is the only issue. It idles and runs fine other than that. any ideas or suggestions?

Might have something to do with your throttle cable routing

It's not that the throttle is hanging or anything. The throttle is still smooth and responsive it just starts cutting out on top end and smoking too much like it is rich. Can't help but think it still has something to do with float height

Maybe the needle valve (float needle) is not sealing?

Well i've had it apart 4 or 5 times now. I've inspected the needle and it's seat every time. The bike is an 07 and the viton tip still looks new and the seat shows no signs of damage. I've hooked a hose to the fuel inlet and turning the carb upside down stops my breath. Seems to be working. Thanks for the input/suggestion!! keep em comin. I'm stumped.