Sign in to follow this  

Wobbly rear wheel. Is this a good replacment?

I just bought a 07 CRF50 and my rear wheel wobbles a lot. Maybe 0.5" of runout or more -which is a ton on a 10" rear wheel.

I take it the spokes/rim is bent. Is this a decent wheel:

http://www.sgr-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=218_70&products_id=646

It seems to be the only wheel that has the center hub and won't require lacing. Will this suffice for a street-ridden bike and a 170lb adult (no jumping or stunts)? Or will the spokes blow through the rim after a few rides?

Does SGR have reputable products?

Or should I suck it up and buy Red Baron HD spokes and rim?

Thank you.

Why is the BBR better than the Red Baron HD spokes? How difficult is it to get the wheel true if you systematically and slowly tighten each spoke one by one?

if you go to the BBR site they have a video on how to do it...easy actually...I use a wheel balancing stand but it is not really required.....I say BBR spokes because I have used them mostly...Red Baron's are fine as well..not knocking them.....I say Red Baron rim because the BBR San Remo wheels are getting harder to find and more expensive...stay away from Pro Wheel and other Chinese rims...you will get more life and a better overall wheel if you do...just my opinion

WRP are good as well...they are some of the few companies that offer a wider rim in the small size for MoTard stuff...I think I have a couple of them...decent quality.....you may check Faster Minis garage sale items...they sometimes have WRP used rims for cheap....sometimes you get lucky on Ebay but they sell alot of weak Chinese rims as well...usually the weak point on the complete China wheel is the hub....unless you go for the billet one...the cast ones are crap