Sign in to follow this  

DID x ring chain for a yz125

i've searched all over but i cant seem to come to an answer to my question. I'm thinking im going to replace my chain with a DID x-ring as i only hear good things about their durability, but i am a little confused as to which one to get. There is the 520 vt2 narrow chain which they say is for enduro riding, and then the other 520 v series x ring. I know the x ring chains are wider than a non sealed chain, so which one should i be looking at? and also, if they only offer it in a longer chain length, i can remove links off of them right? i'm kind of a noob when it comes to chains, but its time to replace my old one and i want to do it right.

Sorry that I cannot remember what sealed (X-ring, or O-ring?) DID chain I have on my '06 YZ125. I was careful to get the narrowest one they made, but I did not record the one I bought. It was expensive, and some of the best money I ever spent. Almost never have to adjust the chain.:bonk:

Isn't that overkill for a 125 ?

With proper lubing and adjusting, I go through 1 $40 chain per year at the most.

Isn't that overkill for a 125 ?

With proper lubing and adjusting, I go through 1 $40 chain per year at the most.

Overkill? Are you one of those people who believe o-rings rob power?

On 300cc 2strokes and smaller I run the VT2 narrow chain and I have zero problems with stretch even on my full on race gas 295 engine. On the 450 thumpers and 500cc smokers I run the ERV3 chain and have zero stretch problems with them either. Just set the chain slack and forget it.

I am a DID chain fan for life as I have had nothing but great luck with them durability wise and they look nice. I always use the rivet type masterlinks as well. Not a fan at all of the clip type ones after I had one come apart on a drag quad once and eat up a set of cases and some internals when the chain wrapped up around the front sprocket and stopped everything immediately while I was doing like 12k rpms and 65mph up a dune hill at saint anthony's...:bonk: