Sign in to follow this  

Need to Upgrade.....help

At the moment i own a ttr250. I've learned alot on this but it is starting to ware down really fast as I'm riding it a little harder than it's meant to be ridden. it's been a good bike but i dont want to ruin it before i want to sell it...

Well i want a bike that can really pull its weight around a track and the bush. but still be able to ride it on the road.

HOPEFULLY something that you could pick up that's ridable at about the $3500 mark second hand?

Hope you have some suggestions. thanks.

You looking for just fast if so go for a 2 stroke 250 or a 4 stroke 450 moto or enduro(yz,wr,crf,crx,many more), but if you want a whole lot of tourque and some good speed, I would reccomend like an xr650 or something

Track, trail, road.. Trail and street is easy enough, track and trail is easy enough, but all 3 together is going to be hard.

Might look for a used KTM 450 EXC. Street legal in most places, and good out on the trails, but still going to be somewhat lacking on a MX track.

Thanks for the replies. i was thinking xr but i rode a 400 and the suspension is softer than a ttr. i have alwalways had wr250 or 450 in mind and will spend the extra money if its the right year. but im curios to what suzuki have to offer in the 3 riding types other than the drz. As their suspension is in the xr area. even a klx. which ever of these that you can ride over 1000 km without a top end rebuild. thanks for your help.

If my math is right, 1000 KM comes out to about 60-80 hours of mixed trail riding. Most trail bikes will run that long easily without a rebuild if they are maintained correctly. I agree with OLHILLBILLY, you will never find a do it all bike...thats why some riders have multiple bikes. I also think the KTM450 is a good suggestion. A WR might also work, but would be a bit cumbersome on the track. If you were only riding trails and track, the answer is simple enough...KTM 250/300 XC, but that would not work on the street. You will have to decide where you are willing to compromise or buy 2 bikes.

Well thanks. i have admired the ktms but i have also heard they take alot of money when it comes down to rebuilds ect. i have thought of a 250 ninja for the road which would mean having a cheaper bike for offroad. pref a four stroke. but also nimble. yzf? kxf? or rmz?