Sign in to follow this  

Wife is mad!

Maybe she wanted one, too!

Thank you for helping me to see the light! I'm heading back to the dealer tomorrow! I think I remember her saying something about the new "Dungey Replica"! I know it's a dollar stroke but if it keeps the peace what the hell!

Thank you for helping me to see the light! I'm heading back to the dealer tomorrow! I think I remember her saying something about the new "Dungey Replica"! I know it's a dollar stroke but if it keeps the peace what the hell!

Whoa. You are one exceptional husband! (You can tell her I said that, too.)

Whoa. You are one exceptional husband! (You can tell her I said that, too.)

I don't even do that much. I went to the KTM-Husaberg dealer 120 miles away one Saturday and came back with a new Husaberg FE570S. We have completely separate bank accounts, so she hasn't a thing to say about how I spend the money I earn. It works in reverse, too, and saves a lot of arguing. (So of course we argue about something else!)

haha she will get over it and you will have a sick ass bike.... man that thing is friggen sweet!

haha she will get over it and you will have a sick ass bike.... man that thing is friggen sweet!

No kidding. If you defeat the smog gear and replace the preposterously restrictive fatory muffler with something that will actually flow exhaust gasses, it turns into a real adult motorcycle. I think I'll keep it for a while, 'cause it's teaching me how to ride all over again!

She's mad because it's orange. :smirk:

You want to sell that 500 yet?

I still ride it... or I should say it rides me! Not always sure which? It's still one of my favorite bikes even with all the scary moments!

I got interested in the KTM because of 50hp stock. The MXA article I read stated another 1 hp by just changing the silencer. Another 1 if you go with a pipe and another 3 to 4 with 300SX kit. That puts you at 450 power with much less weight! We'll see! I've got some plans for this SX but first I'll ride it some! I know the first thing will be springs because I'm at about 210 with my gear on and I'm not giving up the beer!:bonk:

This bike does have the potential to become a 450 slayer! It's almost there now stock.

The ride report is...it's all true!:bonk:

Congrats Pete!!

But now I have to ask, you being a desert rider, why didn't you pick up the XC-w or even the 300 of your choice (SX, XC or XC-w)?

Congrats Pete!!

But now I have to ask, you being a desert rider, why didn't you pick up the XC-w or even the 300 of your choice (SX, XC or XC-w)?

Zig,

I picked the 250 SX because it does not have an electric starter! It is not important for me as far as desert riding goes. The 250 SX has the best power to weight ratio on the market. I'm finding out that the suspension is perfect for me at 190, 220 with my gear on for the desert so I won't have to spend money there. My 450SX-f was a suspension nightmare for the desert and I had to spend some coin to make it decent. The 300's go for over 8K and the 250 was 6.8K. For $780 I can get the the 300 SX kit which is much more aggressive than the EX model 300's. I think the 300's are great woods bikes or when it gets into the really slow technical stuff it might be a better choice! Out here in Nevada it can also get very technical but you need high speed too. Also with my riding style and all the rocks I need to dodge I need instantaneous power to loft the front end! Not saying a 300 can't do all of the above if properly set up but out of the box the 250 is better suited for my style of riding in the desert. Will be posting some vids soon!

Trying to be nice during break in so I spent most of the time 1/4 throttle. Some of the vids are long winded and you gotta watch for a few until you see some nice scenery. I don't edit, just turn the camera on and ride.

This is absolutely the best out of the box bike I have ever owned and I cannot believe how much power it makes for a 250!

http://contour.com/stories/ktm-2012-250sx-testing-01-31dec2011

http://contour.com/stories/ktm-2012-250sx-testing-02-31dec2011

http://contour.com/stories/ktm-2012-250sx-testing-03-31dec2011

http://contour.com/stories/ktm-2012-250sx-testing-04-31dec2011

She's mad because it's orange. :bonk:

You want to sell that 500 yet?

Wit you troll! :smirk:

Nice bike man. I love my 05 SX over my (sold) 08 CRF250. I couldn't believe the power of a 250 2t and how fun they are.

• Like 1