Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke and 2 stroke?

Like the title says, i currently am running an 08 crf450r year round (trail riding and ice racing) but recently i have done alot of motor work and am running strait race fuel for this years Ice racing season. I was thinking about investing in a cr250 for the summer for trail riding and keeping costs down(not having to fork out the $ for race fuel). my question is will me switching back and forth from a thumper to a smoker be a struggle being as the motor characteristics are total opposites? does any one else switch back and forth between a 2 and 4 stroke?

Any input is highly appreciated guys! thanks!

I road race my 03 CRF450R, and bought a Kawi 250 2t for the ugly stuff, I also do a hare scramble once a year on a CR80R (and I'm a big dude) and I don't have a problem switching back and forth.

I'm always a little slow for the first 20 minutes when I jump onto the dirt bikes, just because the terrain and traction is so much different from road racing but I quickly regain my bearings and have a great time tearing it up. In fact I prefer the 2-stroke for the dirt riding.

Yeah I agree you will be fine switching. I have two 2-strokes and a 4-stroke and ride which ever suits my mood at the time I want to go riding. lol some times I take one of each and decide when I get there. I will say if I was racing for fun it would be on a 2-stroke to keep away from the expensive repairs you talk about.