Sign in to follow this  

shift fork for a 94 kx 250

i believe its the one off the mainshaft the manual says its for third gear but kawi parts says its 2nd and 4th gear shaft. mine is bent not much but enough to keep everything from lining up and 60 seems a bit ridiculous for a brand new one so i was wondering if anyone had one that theyd be willing to sell or something. or if even itd be alright to try and heat it a bit and straighten it i know its cast and i shouldnt but its seriously frustrating how minimally bent it is.

i wouldn't attemp to bend it, even with heat. they are heat treated and youd be asking for even more issues. i have a complete transmission from my 87 kx250. not sure if the shift forks are the same. if they are, with a little wrist twisting, i might be willing to part with one:thumbsup: matter a fact, i have my 96 tore down and i can compare for you and get back with ya tomarrow.

ok, i got the forks out of my storage unit today. they are completely different. sorry man, thought i had you hooked up. check ebay an see what they have.