Sign in to follow this  

Which Relcuse should I get?

2003 CFR450R, used for woods/trails/fireroads and often very rocky and steep terrain.

I dont race or ride like I am in one.....probably less abusive than average to the clutch overall

Recluse offers the Core EXP, Z start Pro, and EXP autoclutch kits.

I would like to still be able to bump start the bike, and I guess I can give up compression braking.

Where should I begin?

BB

you wont give up compression braking with any of them

I think both the core exp and the exp can be bump started if you mess with the clutch cable adjustment, not not positive

the pro is the smoothest of them, but the clutch lever is wet noodle

what MD said above, the z-start pro is the older technology from Recluse. I would start with the $399 exp2.0 and if you find your smoking the clutch, pay the difference to upgrade your 2.0 to the full-Monty CORE. the exp2.0 ring is part of the core kit but you have to remove some clutch plates..the CORE allows you to use ALL the clutch plates thus cooling of the clutch is better. I am LOVING the 2.0 and have yet to find the need for the added cost of the PRO, but, im not crawling up hills and rocks. You CAN bump start the bike with the exp2.0 If you adjust the clutch cable at the clutch lever perch .. it then acts just as a standard clutch (no auto). One reason i like the exp2.0 for $399, ease of instal and adjusting.. but you need to be in the right gear when possible not going 2 MPH up a hill in 5th gear smoking the clutch pack.

i always thought if you adjusted the cable you could bump start the bike with exp 2.0. i have a revloc and that was one of their features. the exp 2.0 and the dynaring are of the same design principles with more adjustment on the rekluse. such a simple design that yields great results.:bonk:

I ride the same as you and I just got the exp 2.0 and its rocks. Adjustment is a breeze and with clutch adjustment knob I can adjust to bump start and adjust back in about 30 seconds. Not as easy as bump starting stock but hey. Now trail riding my 450 is almost as easy as my 1996 xr250 except I got loads more power.

The Z start Pro is bullet proof. 60hrs of hard enduro/XC/H&H.....still have not had to adjust the pack from install.