Sign in to follow this  

stock 2008 yz250 gearing

can anyone tell me what the stock countershaft tooth count is? mine has a 14 on it but not 100% sure its stock. bike didnt come with a manual and need to order a replacement. no luck online either.

Only reason I didnt like the 52 was I felt it took away just a tad too much up top. I dont know if you will like it or not, since you like to ride on the pipe as well.

Is it sad that all I can think about everytime I reply to a post reguarding your build already is how much I cant wait until your first GoPro vid on this thing?

Haha i cant wait either! I bought the memory card for it today gonna start messin around with it takin pictures tomorrow. I just want this and my 125 back together snd spring to get here.. Is that to much to ask?! :bonk:

lol you have plenty of time man, just do it right so you dont have to deal with the down time like you did with the 125.

I still need to get a memory card for mine. Thanks for reminding me. What size card are you using? I think Im gonna go grab one tomm. since Im off. Im super stoked about finally having a GoPro.

Yea no plans on cheaping out on the card after I dropped the money on the camera. That just wouldnt make sense. Just sucks that Ive had it for 2 months now and its been warm but I could never ride to test it out because it rained non stop the whole time. I dont do swamp rides. lol

i like 15/51 more up top, less hit down low, faster top speed (for fire roads and open trails) will require a little more clutch work in the tight stuff but thats cool w/ me.

i like 15/51 more up top, less hit down low, faster top speed (for fire roads and open trails) will require a little more clutch work in the tight stuff but thats cool w/ me.

Thanks man i think im gonna put the 51 on there for starters

That wont work for you... no doubt in my mind you would hate it immediately. Not enough grunt for the track or your style. You need a bike to rev out a little quicker.

Do you even ride trails AJ?

I mean 51 rear but keepin the 14 front lol

I know, I thought I quoted his post but I guess I didnt... just saying you shouldnt even consider going bigger than 14 up front. It was directed more towards capt. justin (no offense meant by the way) but it just doesnt work on the track.