Sign in to follow this  

Best tire chocks for enclosed trailers

Hi Guys -

Looking for some ideas here. I want something that'd removeable for flush mount on the floor.

Pics and/or your past experiences appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Guys -

Looking for some ideas here. I want something that'd removeable for flush mount on the floor.

Pics and/or your past experiences appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I found that most of the "removable" wheel chocks came with pretty crappy hardware designs, slots in the front that the chock was supposed to slide into and some screws and press fit nuts that were jammed into the wood from underneath. I ended up fabricating my own plate underneath that I welded nuts to, then bolted the plate to the floor from underneath.

This way I could easily remove the chocks by removing the bolt in the rear, and the hardware would still be there next time I went to reinstall them.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the flip-mount chocks that are recessed into the floor.

http://www.amazon.com/24-Flip-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock/dp/B004JBB9BA

http://kmtparts.com/trailer-body-components/motorcycle-trailer-accessories/16-recessed-motorcycle-chock-with-hardware.html

Simple no hassle conversion from a trailer with chocks, to a trailer with a flat floor-FLIP-done!

I use use Pingels. Have for 11 years or so. Work for both Harleys and dirt bikes.

It's not super flush but low enough for me. I have two sets of horizontal e-track, one in the front, one in the back. Similar to these but horizontal. Depending on your floor, looks like these are flush. Mine were mounted after the fact.

http://www.enclosedtrailers.com/option/cat/e-track-d-ring-and-wheel-chock/floor-e-track

I have one heavy duty e-chock and another $40 e-chock that both do the job. Also have some e-track D-rings for the ties downs. The e-track allows me to move things around depending on what is being hauled.

I went with the Bolt-It-On set up. I really like it.

smugshot4476645-L.jpg

How wide is your trailer sandjunkie?

I just installed one of those in our 6' X 10' yesterday evening. Nice tie down system.

We put two CR250s inside side by side. Just barely enough clearance. Not sure if we can get a third bike inside or not. Going to try to back a TT-R230 in between the two CRs this afternoon. If that doesn't work out I'm going to put the extended chock over to one side so I can stagger two bikes and have a little more room between the ends of the handle bars and the side of the trailer.

One thing that I like about the Bolt It On system is that I can take it out of the 6' X 10' and install it in my 7' X 16' in just a couple of minutes if I want to use the bigger trailer.

How wide is your trailer sandjunkie?

I just installed one of those in our 6' X 10' yesterday evening. Nice tie down system.

We put two CR250s inside side by side. Just barely enough clearance. Not sure if we can get a third bike inside or not. Going to try to back a TT-R230 in between the two CRs this afternoon. If that doesn't work out I'm going to put the extended chock over to one side so I can stagger two bikes and have a little more room between the ends of the handle bars and the side of the trailer.

One thing that I like about the Bolt It On system is that I can take it out of the 6' X 10' and install it in my 7' X 16' in just a couple of minutes if I want to use the bigger trailer.

The inside of my trailer is 6 1/2'.

The only thing I don't like about the bolt it on is the angle of the tiedown. I tied down like that in a trailer and the back end was always swapping around. I would add anchors even with the front axle to pull the bike down and not so forward.

I have a 6x12 enclosed, and have 3 pieces of 2x4 for chocks. Laid two pieces ~12" long down about 4" apart, then screwed the 3rd piece across the top of the other 2 pieces. I've used them like that for my dirt bikes, sport bike, and cruiser, I've hauled them a lot of miles and never had a single problem I just used 2 screws toward the back of the parallel pieces into the floor to hold them in place, when I want to take them out I just unscrew them. I also put them in at about a 45 degree angle, the front one is in the front left corner of the trailer, I have 3 total at an angle like that and one straight in the front for when I haul just one bike. When I have 3 in it at an angle they aren't even close to touching.

I have eye bolts through the crossmembers in the floor for tie downs, I have flush mount D rings but just haven't put them in yet.

Sharp looking bikes!

Thanks.

My son has been racing the black one in LACC hare scrambles since that organization started up in 2009.

The white one was originally mine. After having surgery twice on my left knee I gave up any hope of me racing again and gave it to my son to use as a back up bike. I still have my KDX200 to putt around on when I want to ride.